This booking is for any groups of 10+ participants and the ideal option for school groups, day cares, or parties.
This booking is paid per person.
We offer PowerPoint presentations at 3 levels of content depth to best suite your groups needs and interests.
"Basically Bees" - Approx. 20mins - Great for all ages and those looking for a brief introduction on the different species of bees, the lifecycle of the honey bee, the bee dance, and the importance of bees and pollination.
"The Amazing Honey Bee" - Approx. 45mins - Recommended ages 13+ - Includes all the information above, PLUS more advanced topics such as raising a new queen, swarms, drones, and the current plight of the honey bee.
"All About Bees" - Approx. 1hour+ - Recommended ages 16+ - Our most in-depth and comprehensive presentation, recommended for adults young and old with a thirst for bee knowledge. This presentation covers all the topics above, PLUS all the products of the hive (Pollen, Royal Jelly, Propolis, and Mead), beekeeping, and any other questions or interests your group has regarding bees.
After the presentation, your group will be guided in observing the indoor glass observatory hive. Let's see if we can spot the queen, a baby bee being born, or a live bee dance!
Afterwards, depending on weather and the time of year, your group will head outside for a walk around our bee friendly garden, where we will try to identify the many different pollinators visiting some of bees favourite flowers.
Honey tasting included! Children will be assisted in tasting 2 local honeys!
Adults can add a Mead tasting to their booking as well. For large groups we charge a $3.00 deposit, per person, on mead tastings, refundable with a mead purchase.
- All prices are per person.
- You will be able to let us know your total group size during the checkout process.
- School groups receive 1 free adult/supervisor admission per 10 kids.
Maximum group size is 30, limited by the size of our classroom. Groups larger than 30 will have to split into two bookings.
- We recommend allotting an additional 20-45 mins after the presentation for questions, viewing the indoor observatory, honey tasting, and the bee-friendly garden walk-thru.
- There are lots of outdoor seating options, including two gazebos with picnic tables, ideal for a snack break or picnic.
- We are flexible on the morning arrival time, anywhere from 9am to 11am should work most days of the week. When making your booking, there will be an option to enter your estimated arrival time.
- If your desired date is already booked, please give us a call (250-542-8088) and we may be able to find space for your group around our other bookings.