Planting flowers suitable for pollinators is a great way to provide them with a food source, while also beautifying your yard or patio!
Bee-Friendly Gardening Tips from Planet Bee
- Plant a variety of plants which bloom throughout the season to ensure forage is available to pollinators from spring through to early fall.
- Avoid any seeds or seedlings which are treated with pesticides.
- Small, clustered flowers and those with a fragrant nature are very attractive to pollinators.
- To attract the most honey bees, plant flowers which are yellow, orange, blue and purple but avoid red as they cannot see it and are less attracted to red blossoms.
- Provide a water source for bees where they can easily drink without getting their feet wet - we use an old dinner plate with some stones on it filled with shallow water and replenished frequently.
- Try our selection of Bee-Friendly Seed embedded products to make your planting easy whether or not you have a yard or just a balcony!