- 2 cups mixed summer berries such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (strawberries hulled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons Planet Bee Buckwheat Honey (or your favourite!) plus extra for drizzling.
- 1 cup cold, heavy cream
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- seeds from 1/2 a vanilla bean (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon honey
For Topping (optional):
- a few pinches of Planet Bee Bee Pollen
- a handful chopped toasted pistachios or other nuts
Rinse the berries and drain well. Place in a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with the 2 tablespoons honey, and mash into a chunky sauce. Chill until needed, preferably not more than 10 minutes or so as the honey will continue to draw moisture out of the berries and the mixture will be harder to layer.
In a large bowl, combine the cream, yogurt, vanilla seeds and honey. Whip until the mixture holds firm peaks.
Layer the cream and berries into 3-4 small glasses, beginning and ending with the cream. The fools can be covered and chilled for up to several hours, or served immediately. To serve, drizzle with buckwheat honey and top with a big pinch of bee pollen and a dusting of chopped pistachios.