- 1/2 cup Planet Bee Honey (liquid)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne and/or 1 heaping tsp hot sauce ( to taste, I like Sriracha or Frank’s)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or any kind you like)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, as needed
- 1.5 cups crumbled feta (or block feta; at room temp)
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, plus more as needed (optional)
- Finely minced chives, for topping (optional)
- Crackers or pita bread/chips for serving
- Pour the honey into a small saucepan set over medium heat and add the chili flakes/cayenne, vinegar, and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Allow the mixture to simmer – bubbles are good. Once that happens, turn off the heat and allow the honey to cool, infusing its sweet flavor with that of the chili + vinegar. After it’s cooled a bit, I like to refrigerate it to get it to firm up a little (optional, though). You just don’t want it to be warm.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, blend the feta until it’s smooth and creamy, adding a (very small) splash of water or plain Greek yogurt if needed, to get things moving.
- Scrape down the sides of the container as needed, and when the feta is totally smooth, transfer it to a small-ish serving bowl, creating a “well” in the center. Pour the cooled hot honey into the center, garnish with more cracked black pepper and chives, if you like. Serve with whatever dipping devices you like (pita, crackers, etc.).